Tagged with #Lmfao
YES. I’m tired of all of you pretentious assholes saying that I’m not “really reading” because I use a kindle.
Yes, you are reading.You are just reading a “lesser” form of book. Reading isn’t just reading the words on a page/screen, it’s smelling the book, new or old, it’s wearing the books spine out after rereading it for the X’th time, it’s leaving crease marks on a page you flipped too fast because you were that eager to get to the next page, and most of all, it’s losing yourself in a book to the point where the world around you no longer exists. And I, for one, cannot lose myself in an electronic screen. The words of a real book take on a depth that cannot ever be recreated on anything electronic. So you may be reading a book, but you will never truly experience a book unless you read it in a printed medium.
lol this pretentious bullshit. “The words of a real book take on a depth that cannot ever be recreated on anything electronic.” i mean really. anyway, the words of your reblog have no depth or meaning to me since i’m reading them in electronic form, but u tried it
Even though Hotdiggitydogblog is not here anymore, we will always appreciate the happiness and the joy that Max and his owners had shared with us. You and your goofy smile will not be forgotten Max!
This is the one time of year that I love wasps.
Not because the wasps themselves get any nicer. They’re horrid little creatures year round. No, it’s because I have a couple of big apple trees out back, and late August, early September is when the apples start ripening.
Now, if you don’t harvest your own fruit, there are two things you need to know about apples.
The first thing you need to know about apples is that, when apples get ripe, they tend to fall from the tree at the slightest breeze.
I often work late at the office; by the time I get home, there are piles of apples scattered everywhere - and sure enough, the wasps are out in force, gorging themselves on the fruit. When I go to clean up the windfallen apples, the wasps naturally do the “rawr, I’ma fuck you up!” routine for which wasps are known.
The second thing you need to know about apples is that they ferment very rapidly in the late August heat.
So: the wasps try to come at me, but they’re too drunk to fly. They get about an inch off the ground, then faceplant directly into the turf, flip over onto their backs, and lay there, legs twitching in the air as they try in vain to find something to sting.
Perhaps I’m a man of simple pleasures, but I bust up laughing every. single. time.
The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1. #Trayvon
- He was passionate about aviation. #Trayvon
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis. #Trayvon
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. #Trayvon
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it. #Trayvon
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment. #Trayvon
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad. #Trayvon
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile. #Trayvon
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster. #Trayvon
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice. #Trayvon
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie. #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.” #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. #Trayvon
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart. #Trayvon
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest. #Trayvon
- I feel like this stuff is important. #Trayvon
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
I will never forget Trayvon. Never.
Tagged with #hahahaha
what thiago messi really thinks.. [asked by anon]